Sports, Spa, Food and Festivals
Each season offers different opportunities for an unfogettable green healthy vacation: for example admiring the blossoming of fruit trees in spring, sunbathing and relaxing in the forest in summer, trekking, horse riding and picking mushrooms, chestnuts and forgotten fruits in autumn. Thanks to its location, Porcaticcio is also an ideal retreat to practise yoga or get inspired in your art. That can be strategically combined with a cultural holiday. As Porcaticcio Holiday Home is situated at the border between Tuscany and Emilia Romagna, you can easily reach main cultural towns, such as Bologna, Ravenna, Ferrara and Florence. Nearbt you can visit charming villages like Brisighella, Marradi, Palazzuolo sul Senio, Castel del Rio, Riolo Terme. Finally for a culinary vacation do not miss our Italian local cuisine: tortelli burro e salvia, tagliatelle al ragù, spezzatino di cinghiale e polenta, our famous Sangiovese red wine and much more …
- Yoga and meditation with Gabriela
- Painting and sculpturing with Cornelis
- Hand-made Pasta with Adele
In our valley
- Casola Valsenio (Spring Festival, Herbal Garden, Forgotten Fruits Festival)
- Palazzuolo sul Senio (Chestnuts Festival, Summer Events)
- Riolo Terme (Thermal Centre, 18-hole Golf Course)
- Gypsum Vein Regional Parc (trekking and caving with our friend Andrea, anthropologist and speleologist)
- Main Sports: mountain biking, horse-riding, trekking and cycling.
Santerno River is ideal for a swim in summertime. Drive 40 minutes to the next valley and choose your pool!
WHERE TO EAT
Being on the border of Tuscany and Romagna, you can taste cuisine, wines and local products of both regions. We can suggest you the best restaurants and winebars in the area.